Yes, technically it’s still Tuesday – which means today should feature a Would Amanda Eat It? post. But let’s be real:
My husband is leaving for Singapore on Monday and I won’t see him for two months, so we had a nice “cheat” meal of burgers and beer tonight. I feel conflicted about giving health advice on a night when I’ve had such a superbly unhealthy indulgence, so I figured I’d go another direction with today’s post.
A lovely blogger and friend over at Eat Run Snooze Repeat nominated me for a Liebster Award, which is an award given to bloggers by bloggers to honor new(ish) contributors. There are some rules:
1. Link the person who nominated you to your blog post. Thank them and let them know you answered their questions.
2. Answer the 7 questions given to you by the nominator.
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers, including at least one with less than 500 followers.
4. Create 7 questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them.
6. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
Now that we’ve got the rules down, I have to abide #4 and answer my 7 questions!
1. What is your best tip for getting motivated? I grew up Catholic, so to be honest, the best way to get myself motivated is to think about the crushing guilt I feel when I don’t work out. A guilty conscience is worth running away from (literally!).
2. What is the one thing you could not live without? My phone. Holy crap.
3. If you could live any place in the world, where would it be? Um…SINGAPORE! And aren’t I just the luckiest that I’m actually going there? 😉
4. How did you begin your fitness journey? I began as a gymnast, got injured and tried diving, then got older and tried running. I always have to be in motion!
5. What is your biggest dream? I dream of having a family, a successful fitness publishing career, and the ability to travel multiple times per year.
6. What is your daily go-to outfit? Fitness wear, guys – capris and a tank. Hair in bun.
7. Do you have a secret (maybe embarrassing) passion? If so, what is it?! Not embarrassing, but lots of people who don’t know me in person don’t know how much I love craft beer – it is truly a hobby, passion, and indulgence all packed into one for me!
Here are my questions for my nominees (and hey, readers – feel free to play along and answer in the comments!):
1. What are you afraid of?
2. Who was your childhood hero, and why?
3. Where in the world would you like to visit next?
4. What’s your drink of choice (alcohol or non)?
5. If you were writing your memoirs, what would be the working title?
6. Describe a day from your past you would go back and relive if you could.
7. What do you think happens after we die?
And finally – my award nominees! I am relatively new to this world so I am still developing my own feed, but I want to shout out some of the folks I read regularly:
Ok folks, that’s it for now – go check out some of these amazing (growing!) blogs and leave your comments here, too. 🙂